As a responsible, forward-looking pharmaceutical company we consider health and safety in the workplace, environmental protection, and product safety some of our main corporate objectives. We implement current regional, national and international standards consistently and minimise the risks for mankind and the environment by complying with the relevant laws, regulations and rules. In order to do so, we have instituted internal quality management systems, and we regularly review that they are implemented and complied with. Through corrective and preventative actions, we ensure a continuous improvement of our performance concerning workplace and product safety as well as health and environmental protection. For us at medac, this results in the following guidelines:
1. We support and promote an open, respectful and appropriate way of addressing and communicating with our employees, suppliers, business partners, customers, the competent national authorities and the public in general.
2. We offer our staff different opportunities in terms of preventative health care, personal further training, and provide safe and healthy workplace conditions.
3. Targeted training measures concerning workplace safety, product safety, fire protection, waste disposal and the environment help us increase awareness among our staff, thereby promoting safe, responsible and sustainable conduct and actions.
4. All facilities, safety devices and work equipment are regularly checked and maintained.
5. All tasks conducted within the company are continuously subject to job hazard analyses, and appropriate actions are taken if needed to prevent putting our employees and third parties at risk.
6. In order to continuously improve our environmental performance, activities which may have a negative impact on the environment are measured, evaluated and eliminated, if possible, within our certified environmental management system.
7. Our aim is to continuously reduce the consumption of resources and energy, to cut emissions and reduce waste within our means and, wherever possible, in such a way that we contribute to a more environmentally friendly, sustainable future.
By taking our responsibility very seriously, we, the managing directors in cooperation with all management staff, help to ensure that the ambitious guidelines above are taken into consideration in our daily work.
PDF – Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Policy